PUBLIC WORSHIP AT ST WILFRID’S DURING LOCKDOWN
During the current Lockdown 3, it is still possible to hold Services / celebrate Mass in Church.
Sunday Mass Times – Said Mass
9.30 a.m. – for those whose surnames begin with the letters A to J
10.30 a.m. – for those whose surnames begin with the letters K – Z
Live Streaming of Mass Commencing on Sunday 17th January 2021, the Mass at 10.30 a.m. will be live-streamed each Sunday on our Facebook page – St Wilfrid’s Cantley – except on the second Sunday of each month when the Mass at 9.30 a.m. will be live-streamed.
Opening Times for Private Prayer
The Church will also be open for Private Prayer at the following times:
Wednesdays – from 9.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
Fridays – from 9.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
To comply with Government ‘Test and Trace’ procedures, names and contact details of all attendees will be required.
Churchwardens & Deputy Churchwardens will be on duty at each Mass, to act as ‘Stewards’, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone present and that we all fully comply with Government & Church of England Guidelines on COVID
Signs reminding attendees of the procedures to be followed are placed inside the entrance to Church. Specifically, attendees must observe the following arrangements on each and every visit to Church:
- Sanitize their hands on entry and on leaving Church. Hand sanitizer for this purpose will be provided and will be available in the Porch and near the West Door at the back of Church
- The Main Church Door and the West Door will be left wide open so that no-one entering or leaving the Church has to touch the door handle.
- A ONE WAY System will be in operation. ENTRY will be through the Main South Porch Door and EXIT will be through the West Door at the back of Church. Please take care when leaving through the West Door since some of the paving stones outside the West Door are a little uneven
- Follow Social Distancing Rules whilst in Church – i.e. a MINIMUM of 2.0 metres apart at all times.
- Everyone, and particularly those who fall into the “Vulnerable Category”, enter Church entirely at their own risk.
- The wearing of Face Masks inside Church is compulsory at all times. Anyone not wearing a Face Mask will NOT be allowed to enter Church. Face Masks will NOT be provided but are the responsibility of each individual. Gloves should NOT be worn, since they may be a source of transmission of the virus, but hand sanitizing on entry and exit MUST be observed.
- Face Masks should be worn and in place when you go up to receive Communion in one kind – placed into your hands. Please wait until you have moved away from the Celebrant before raising your Face Mask to consume the wafer. This minimises any risk to the Celebrant.
- Communion will be in one kind only. Only the Celebrant will partake of the Chalice. Communion will be distributed by the Celebrant from the area in front of the Rood Screen, with a one-way system in operation in this area in order to observe the 2.0 metre distance. Since all those present will have carried out hand sanitization on entry to the Church, there will not be a requirement to do this again immediately before receiving Communion
- There will be NO access to either the Toilets or the Kitchen Area and notices to this effect will be placed on the appropriate doors.
- Children must be properly supervised by their parent(s) or a suitable adult at all times and there will be no provision of toys for the foreseeable future.
Suitable Seating arrangements have been pre-set and must be strictly adhered to at all times.
- Pews which can be used are marked with a GREEN Tick. These will enable members of the same family (who must be living together) to sit together. These will be suitably distanced from others.
- Pews marked with a RED Cross are those considered to be too close in terms of complying with Social Distancing Rules and must NOT be used.
- Chairs in the newly refurbished North Aisle have been placed with adequate spacing between them to comply with Social Distancing Rules. Chairs must NOT be moved from these pre-set arrangements.
We hope that you will find all the information which you require about our Church and the life of our parish but if we can be of any help, do please contact us. Better still, please come and visit us in our beautiful and historic church. To see our Church and the Parish surrounding it, use this Google Earth placemark. (See our links page to get Google Earth).
For enquiries about Baptisms, Marriages or Funerals please contact Fr Andrew
|Wednesday||No Services until further notice|
|Friday||No Services until further notice|
|Saturday||No Services until further notice|