PUBLIC WORSHIP AT ST WILFRID’S
(Updated 26th January 2022)
Sunday Mass Times
- Wednesday mornings at 9.30 a.m.
- Friday evenings at 8.00 p.m.
- Saturday mornings at 9.30 a.m.
Please continue to observe our Safety Measures (below). Thank you for your understanding.
(Updated 26th January 2022
Churchwardens & Deputy Churchwardens will be on duty at each Mass, to act as ‘Stewards’, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone present and that we continue to comply with Government & Church of England Guidelines on COVID.
- With effect from Thursday 27th January 2022, the wearing of Face Masks inside Church will no longer be compulsory and the decision regarding the wearing of Face Masks will be a matter of individual choice.
- Everyone, and particularly those who fall into the “Vulnerable Category”, enters Church entirely at their own risk.
- Hand sanitising stations will continue to be available on entry in the Porch area.
- The Main Church Door will be left wide open so that no-one entering or leaving the Church has to touch the door handle.
- Children must be properly supervised by their parent(s) or a suitable adult at all times and there will be no provision of toys for the foreseeable future.
Please visit our Facebook page – St Wilfrid’s Cantley – to see:
- Live-streamed Masses in recent months, including our Patronal Festival Celebration Mass & Confirmation held on Sunday 10th October 2021
- Up-to-date information on other activities and Church events
Fr. ANDREW HOWARD INSTALLED AS AN HONORARY CANON
OF SHEFFIELD CATHEDRAL
Fr. Andrew Howard was installed as an Honorary Canon of Sheffield Cathedral by + Pete, Bishop of Sheffield, at a special Eve of Ascension Day Service held in the Cathedral, in the presence of an invited congregation, on Wednesday 12th May 2021.
His appointment was originally announced in Sheffield Cathedral at the end of the Eucharist on Sunday 7th February 2021, by the Acting Dean, the Revd. Canon Geoffrey Harbord, that six new Honorary Canons of Sheffield Cathedral had been appointed, of whom one is our Vicar, Fr. Andrew Howard.
We offer our congratulations to Fr. Andrew on this appointment, which is so very well deserved, not only for all that he has done for St Wilfrid’s but also for the wider community in the Doncaster Deanery & the Diocese of Sheffield and within the Hickleton Chapter.
Here are some extracts from the official announcement by the Diocese:
“The appointment of six new Honorary Canons was announced in Sheffield Cathedral this morning. Honorary Canons (who can be lay or ordained) are appointed by the Bishop, having consulted the Acting Dean, in recognition of distinguished service to the diocese. Whilst they have no direct part in the governance of the Cathedral, they promote its Mission and Ministry throughout the Diocese.
Commenting on the appointments, Canon Geoffrey Harbord, the Acting Dean said: “I very much welcome the appointment of six new members of the College of Canons. They possess a diverse range of skills and experience and will be excellent ambassadors for the Cathedral across the Diocese.”
Bishop Pete said, ‘Our Diocese is blessed with a wealth of gifted and dedicated Ministers of the Gospel, lay and ordained, and each of these six new Canons illustrates that richness. It has been a joy for me to invite each of them to become an Honorary Canon, in recognition of the valuable contribution each has made, and continues to make, to the life of our Diocese, and I look forward very much to their installation as soon as that becomes possible.”
We hope that you will find all the information which you require about our Church and the life of our parish but if we can be of any help, do please contact us. Better still, please come and visit us in our beautiful and historic church. To see our Church and the Parish surrounding it, use this Google Earth placemark. (See our links page to get Google Earth).
For enquiries about Baptisms, Marriages or Funerals please contact Fr Andrew
The Mass will be followed by Tea, Coffee & Scones